Thursday, September 10, 2009

Rain, Rain Go Away

I can't remember the last day that it didn't rain at least part of the day. That's not necessarily a bad thing though.

On the upside our (small) pond is completely full and was even overflowing for a couple of days. And I do like rainy days, dreariness and all. AD has always said it's the Adams family in me. You know the family he's referring to - Gomez, Morticia, Pugsley, Wednesday, Lurch, Thing, Cousin It . . .

On the downside we've had several toad frogs on the back patio and all 3 of our inside dogs have learned that it's not wise to try and eat one. Talk about frothing at the mouth and the gnashing of teeth! But it only took each one of them once to experience the bad effect. They have since seen other toads and with one look, each one of them gives the little guys a very wide berth. The expressions on their faces were priceless the first time they saw a toad after "the incident" but unfortunately I couldn't get to my camera fast enough to get it on film, er memory card.

But we really do need a little break in the weather. For now the flowers down the road are reminders of what the sun looks like



and here's what our forecast looks like for the next few days.




See that 70% chance of rain for Saturday evening? If it is going to rain on Saturday I really hope the forecast is correct and the rain doesn't come until the evening.

G3's birthday was Tuesday and he'll be celebrating with a "friend" party this Saturday afternoon. It's the first party he's had where he's invited some of his friends. Son has taken G3's theme idea and has really gone to town. I'll be driving down for the party and can't wait to see what all they came up with. I just don't want it to rain on the party.

Anyway, look for photos next week from the festivities. I know it's going to a lot of fun!

2 comments:

  1. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you for some beautiful weather for the party! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the rain holds off and everyone gets to enjoy their Saturday plans. My little ones also have BIG plans for a parade and carnival..

    I always love your pictures...

    Yes Bob once got the frothy mouth from a toad..Now I say...Yuck Yuck and he stays away

    ReplyDelete