Friday, July 2, 2010

Sno Cones, Vampires, Werewolves and a Legend

The Sno Cones: Instead of going to see Eclipse on Wednesday I opted to go scrapbooking for the day and then, later in the evening, AD and I drove to the sno-cone stand. He chose Mai Tai and of course, I chose Twilight with cream. Twilight was a blend of black cherry and tutti fruiti flavors. I was very good but I still think I like the original one I had - Pink Elephant - to all the others I've tried.

The Legend: Yesterday we planned to drive into town to see Russell Crowe's version of Robin Hood, then do a bit of shopping. I know. We're way behind on seeing this movie but we rarely go to the movies and when we do we most often wait until they are relegated to the "cheap" movie theatres. It was a good movie. Kind of long. A different story than what we've seen before. It certainly made me curious where this particular story came from.

After Robin Hood was over and we were leaving the theatre AD asked if I wanted to go see Toy Story 3. I had mentioned I'd like to see it on Tuesday evening.

Vampires and Werewolves: Well, since he was up for another movie I said I'd really rather see Eclipse. Probably not what AD wanted to hear but he was a good sport about it. Was it too late to catch a matinee? It was 4:20-ish. AD said we could try if I really wanted to see it and we zipped on over to the other theatre in town.

We got there just at 4:30 and there was - get this - a 4:30 showing! I asked if the feature had started yet (sometimes they don't show any trailers - just go straight to the feature) and the girl said no, the previews were just starting. Then I asked if the theatre was sold out and she said no, there were still plenty of seats left. Great!

We by-passed the concessions (we usually do) and found some fairly decent seats. I thought the movie was the best of the 3 so far.

While it wasn't on AD's list of movies to see I don't think he exactly hated it. Maybe because of the action scenes or maybe because there were more guys there this time including someone he knows from his job.

By the time the movie was over it was getting late and we needed to get something to eat. So no shopping happened. Maybe today we'll do that - after the mowing is done.

Wishing everyone a spectacular 4th of July holiday!

20 comments:

  1. Wow! It sounds like the two of you are having a honeymoon or are dating! Sno cones and movies--remember them days? Your post reminded me of the movie "Grease" for some reason. Enjoy your summer days! Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ewwwwwww, I am so jealous!!! And you said you were gonna wait! Glad you got to go see it and didn't have to share the theatre with a bunch of teenie girls swooning! The snow cone sounds good too!

    I think that Robin Hood movie was supposed to be like a prequel to what made him become the Robin Hood that we know. If that helps at all. But hey, it was Russell Crowe! Who cares!!!

    Lucky you ~ all that testerone spanning such an age difference in one afternoon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sno-cone looks really yummy!

    Two movies in one day? I would not know how to act! Sounds wonderful though. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fun movie day. I haven't been inside a movie theater in 20 years. I know....I'm kind of weird that way. Enjoy the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like you and AD had a fun day. sorry about the no shopping. I think the sno cone was a better deal anyway.
    Have a great 4th

    ReplyDelete
  6. I must save Eclipse for another day. Grandson # 1 is here for a whole week, that's seven full days count 'em, and I'm taking him and Grandson #2 to see Toy Story 3 tomorrow. I bet they love it, I've heard good things about it. The sno cones look refreshing! I noticed in Nashville they were called "Sno Balls!"

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  7. I went in knowing that Robin Hood was a prequel and absolutely loved it. It had the coolest battle scenes ever. lol Kathy however didn't know it was supposed to be a prequel and spent the whole movie wondering what in the world was going on and was kinda bummed. AD is a good guy. Hubby came along with me too, but I could tell he'd rather not. There were many more people closer to our age than teenagers there... lots of couples. He never did say if he liked it or not, just kept asking me if I liked it. Of course I did!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A double feature! You and AD would love it here -- we have a drive in!

    Have a great 4th!

    Your Friend,
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a FUN FUN FUN day. I can't even begin to tell you how much I love Snocones! :) YUMMERS!

    xoRebecca

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow what fun! I love days like that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm jealous of you. Your honey went all those places with you. Sounds like you guys are having a ball.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am in sudden need of a sno cone now. I guess I will have to grab one tomorrow...

    Glad you liked the movie! I thought it was great, too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aren't those just the best days! Sno cones and and a double feature! I saw Toy Story 3 with my grands last week. I am so in love with all those characters they wouldn't have to have any story at all for me to enjoy it. I am partial to cowboys, you know! And the Potato Heads...well, just too cute for me! Sounds like you had a really good day; pick a new favorite sno cone to try out and take in TS3 next time...you'll like it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like a pretty nice day to me. I am looking forward to seeing Eclipse. I found the first book ok, the second awful, and haven't read the third yet.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love movies. Any more, we wait 'til they come out to DVDs, a lot cheaper. LOL

    Your dear man is a keeper. The fact that he goes to movies like that ....the ones of your choice and all. Super.

    I'm here from Sharon's blog and clicked on your profile link. Just here to wish you a happy 4th of July


    My 'Ninja' Turtle

    ReplyDelete
  16. Two movies in one day?! Fun!!!
    And snowcones, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What fun! I have a confession. I have never had a sno cone. Will this get me kicked out of Oklahoma? lol

    ReplyDelete
  18. The snow cones look so yummy! Have a great 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I actually had time to blog hop today! I am coming first from Becky K and then Carol... I enjoyed this piece. It looks like you have a great deal of zeal for life!

    Happy 4th!
    KJ
    SoCal

    ReplyDelete