Monday, July 26, 2010

Brownie Cones

A week ago last Friday - you know, the day our OKC grandkids came for a visit - AD and I got up early to make a quick trip to Tulsa for the Affair of the Heart craft show and get back home before the kids got to the house. I was there to buy one particular item only. Unfortunately that didn't happen - the vendor didn't bring the item I had intended to purchase.

Nonetheless, AD found a vendor (southwestpeppergrillers.com) who sold these - pepper grillers. Just cut the tops off jalapenos, seed and devein them, stuff with whatever, and set them on the grill.

But that's not what this post is about.

This griller is not just for peppers.

20 sugar cones plus


a brownie mix


makes for

these tasty brownies. I topped some with half a large marshmallow after the brownies were done. I baked the brownies at 325 degrees F. and used the toothpick method to tell when they were done.

G1 wanted a little scoop of ice cream on his sans the marshmallow. He gave it a thumbs up.

16 comments:

  1. Oh My Gosh...
    Sweetie with 8 grandkids I have got to have one of these. That is such a great idea, and no messy clean up. They are eating the plate and pan in one. I will be popping over to visit their site. Thanks for the link.

    I love the idea of the marshmallow on top. I bet that was yummy.

    Have a beautiful Monday sweetie.

    Country hugs...Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I could have some fun with that neat invention.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute idea. Now I'm hungry! BOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! I love the ice cream idea- such a yummy treat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that is cool. You are so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  6. mmmm, I really want one of those!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think G1 had the bright idea. As I was reading, I was thinking how a scoop of ice cream on top would be my choice. Looks pretty yummy.

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea. They look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Clever! Makes me want to find one of those peppper trays. My grands would love it! (So would my husband!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks good and a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the cone idea. What a great thing. My grands would love it. I just can't quite figure out how you put the peppers in the holes without them falling through?

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're just the bestest around. What fun and how sweet. And the best part is E-A-S-Y

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great idea! I'll bet my Boo would love those.
    Who says you have to use it for peppers only?!LOL

    ReplyDelete
  14. You always have the BEST ideas! How cute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Holy cow....I want one!!

    ReplyDelete