Thursday, July 22, 2010

Kiddie Park Fun

After a stop at Sonic for a quick meal on Saturday evening, we headed to Bartlesville's Kiddie Park. 3 generations of our family have enjoyed this wonderful institution - myself (it was in a different location back then), our kids and now our grandkids.

Tickets are 25-cents each. Most rides take 1 ticket but some take 2. I had planned to purchase $20 worth of tickets but opted to start with $10. We could always go back for more. From 8:00 to 8 minutes before closing time, the kids enjoyed the rides. And I never had to go back for more tickets.

The ride in this picture is the "turtle ride". It's kind of a mini-mini roller coaster. G5 laughed and laughed all during the ride.

The airplanes are always a favorite. I imagine both Son and Daughter have rode in this very airplane at one time or another.

Girlie loved it. G5 liked it at first but once the plane goes up in the air, it starts coming down and with a slight bump. Then it goes back up and comes down with a bump. Over and over again. He definitely didn't like the bumps.

Son wasn't sure how Girlie would like the roller coaster. She rode with G3 in the very front car. I'm thinking she liked this one too.

The boat ride is another favorite of the kids. The attendants have to watch closely. Sometimes an adventurous kid will attempt to climb from the front to the back or vice versa. Not these kids - but Daughter did on more than one occasion.


Oh, the kiddie cars. These cars have seen many, many miles in their day.


The riders control the speed of the spin their car takes on this ride. Son told G3 not to spin their car very fast. He didn't want G4 to get sick.

You see, Son had a bad experience when he was young. Basically I made him ride with someone he didn't want to ride with (I thought Son was just being snooty) - and he got sick because the other boy spun the car too fast (the real reason he didn't want to ride with the boy).

The train ride is one that few visitors miss when they visit the Kiddie Park. And the last ride of the evening is always "free".

But the carousel was the last ride of the night for these kids. It was a good way to end the day.

24 comments:

  1. Such a wonderful evening for your family. You always have great pictures. I can only imagine how I would have fared on one of those rides after a dinner at Sonic..... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow these little ones are having the time of their life! Amusement parks for children is another word for heaven. How lucky they are to have you and AD for grandparents!

    Your Friend,
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an excellent family outing. I think the boys here would love the park. I know I'd love the price. The carnival that comes through here is overpriced and a bit dangerous. Borg went down a tall slide on a burlap sack with so much speed from the push the adult gave him at the top, that he jumped paths and was launched into the air off the first bump. Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What cute pics. It sounds like everyone had a great time. I know my boys loved the kiddie parks and rides.
    Thanks for sharing them with us.
    Bless you

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a bargin! That is incredible..cant wait to see your next adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is what makes life worth living. Spending such fun times with the little ones.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good Morning,
    It looks like you had a blast...the look of delight on those sweet faces is priceless.

    Have a thoughtful Thursday. ~Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like they all had a lot of fun. I wish we had a Kiddie Park around here to take the grandkids to. What is even more special about it is that you have a history with that park, taking your own kids there when they were young.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an exciting day. My great-grands have been enjoying our amusement park lately...and three of our generations also have rode these rides :) Gerry

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so happy for all of you... looks like you are having a wonderful time! Kiddy park and tea party days are behind us now. Mike and I have been known to visit the kiddy park, buy cotton candy, then just walk around and reminince. Our first 'date' was at the kiddy park... we took my little sister and his little brother. : ) Beautiful pictures (you are GOOD) and beautiful children! Couldn't happen to nicer people. Especially love the Brown Mansion photo shoot. Putting Brown Mansion on the agenda for a day trip soon. (((hug)))

    ReplyDelete
  11. looks like a fun place to take the kids to! How nice that you also took your kids there! very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What fun and so reasonable on the cost. I never heard of this. Wish I'd known about it when we were raising our kiddo's. Barlesville is not that far away :o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ah yes... the carousel. One of my favorite things to ride on when I was a kid, I was never too fond of going "really really fast and up and down hills" but I sure loved those horses that went up and down. What a thrill. What fun.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ohhhhh to be young again!!!
    Glad you had fun with the kids, they make you feel young again don't they!
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  15. This looks like great fun for your grandchildren! Happy, smiling faces. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. How cool! I've been to Bartlesville many times and never knew it was there!

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have great memories of "Kiddie Towne" where I grew up. We didn't get to go often, but we thought it was exotic and and loads of fun! Sadly, it's gone now. My grandkids are growing up with D'World and other mega-parks; I think they miss out on so much when that's the case. Sigh...

    Nice post...nice memories for your g-kids!

    ReplyDelete
  18. It looks like lots of fun to me. It has been on Discover Oklahoma a few times.

    ReplyDelete
  19. from your comment on the opossum. We do biology on the driveway when I catch a snake. I cut the head off, slit it open and check out all the organs. The heart will beat up to 40 minutes after cutting the head off. Cool - or GROSE??

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fun times and great pics!!! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What great pictures, wonderful memories! Have a fun and safe weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love these kind of places. And the happiness on the kids faces is priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a great place and how neat that your family has been a part of it for so long.

    ReplyDelete