Thursday, July 8, 2010

A Special Bond


I love this photo of Son and Girlie.

I think of this picture when I listen to my favorite cd, Josh Turner's Haywire, and hear his song I'll Be There.

I'll Be There

When you need picked up 'cause you fell down
Need a piggy back ride or a birthday clown
Need a song to take you to sleepy town
I'll be there.

When you need a coach or you need a fan
Need a castle built out of ocean sand
Or a rainbow chaser, I'm your man
I'll be there.

I'll be a tear dryer, a paper airplane flyer
A monster runner-offer if you get scared
I'll be a sap, I'll be a sucker
A story maker-upper
Anytime, anything, anywhere
I'll be there.

When you break your heart or skin your knee
Need a big ol' hug or a bowl of ice cream
I promise you can count on me

I'll be a heart mender, a prayer sender
A hoper and believer when it's all up in the air
A strong and steady shoulder
I'll be a secret holder
Anytime, anything, anywhere
I'll be there.

If you need a frown turned to a grin
Or you need a hand just to hold your hand
Need a daddy or you just need a friend
I'll be there, I'll be there, I'll be there.

- Phillip White and Steven Dale Jones

23 comments:

  1. awww- what a sweet photo of a loving daddy and his little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photograph and accompanying song.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photo of dad and his girl.
    I love Josh Turners song too.
    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a really sweet photo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You got me and I have tears of joy and happiness seeing that beautiful portrait of your son and his daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. so sweet for a little girl to have a good daddy! The words of the song are very emotion stirring in a good way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a great picture!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet picture AND sweet post!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is the sweetest photo and I love the lyrics to that song!

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is what I call a treasure, son and child. Gerry

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful words for a beautiful and sweet picture.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awwww, how special! You can just see the joy in both their smiles. Made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awwww... made me cry. I am so happy for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nothin' sweeter than a daddy and his little girl...especially when the daddy is your son!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful post. And the song...so true. XXHugs, Mollye

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love it! Kids need daddies like your son. I can tell that he's a wonderful dad just by looking at him. I know he's happy to have that daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Precious, adorable picture. As the saying goes, "A picture is worth a thousand words."!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Adorable photo. These words such be the credo of all fathers...and moms too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The photo is priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh that is just precious. Yes, there is nothing like a daddy and his little girl!

    Have a fabulous weekend. ~Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  21. love the dappled sunlight... it made for a precious photograph!

    ReplyDelete
  22. That is definitely a photo to be enlarged, framed and hung on the wall somewhere. How awesome!

    ReplyDelete