Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Unsolicited Recommendation

Sometimes when AD and I make a trip to Wally World or his larger warehouse store we enjoy taste-testing new products that they are demonstrating.

99.9% of the time they are things that we're pretty sure we'll like. After all, who wants to try something they think they'll NOT like?

So a couple of weeks ago I was shopping in Wally World and a demonstrator asked if I'd like to try a new flavor of Triscuit - Cracked Pepper and Olive Oil.


Now she happened to ask me at just the right time because it was past noontime and I hadn't had lunch yet. I was pretty hungry.

And let me add that, #1 - I've never liked Triscuits. The taste and the texture are too close to shredded wheat for me and #2 - I don't like pepper.

But like I said, I was hungry so I tried one along with a piece of cheddar cheese. It actually had a taste - a little zip - to it other than the plain old 'shredded wheat' taste. Not an overwhelming pepper taste, just a little pizazz if you will.

I liked it so much I bought a box and brought it home. I told AD I had something for him to try. Now he likes Triscuits but he likes pepper about as well as I do and he was pretty iffy on olive oil part. But he tried one and agreed. The Cracked Pepper and Olive Oil Triscuits get our seal of approval - not that it counts for anything at all but you might want to give them a try sometime.


This is one of the ways I'll eat them for sure. Back in the day when my dad would be watching baseball or football on tv, he'd often make himself a plate of crackers, cheese, bologna and dill pickle slices as a snack. And I took a liking to that same snack.

P.S. Pardon the Christmas paper plate but we bought a big bag of them at the warehouse store last year - or maybe it was the year before that? - and we're still using them.

16 comments:

  1. Hey Granny,

    I like the garlic Triscuits. But I will definitely try the cracked pepper and olive oil. My DH loves the pepper, so he should enjoy these. I think me and your daddy would have gotten along just fine, cause there ain't nothing better than bologna with dill pickles, there just ain't.
    Hoping you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know...never liked triskets..maybe if I'm visiting you I'll try one ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. everyone in our house loves those triscuits! we just had some a few day ago with sharp cheddar cheese, but your plate looks way funner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, we can celebrate Christmas any time of the year!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum. They sound good. I make a delish hot artichoke dip that I bet they'd be tasty with. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks so good I'm gonna have to go get me a snack!

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't do the Triscuits and I'm not up to making my own...YET! But I love cracked pepper and olive oil as my salad dressing! Woooooooohoooooooooooo Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We used dessert plates from my daughter's wedding last week so I am with you on the Christmas plates.

    I like triscuits with cream cheese but I never eat them...I would shy away from the OO rather than pepper. I will look for them and give them a chance!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks like a great afternoon snack! Have you tried the Olive Oil Mayo? It is really good!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Triscuits, but don't eat them any more because of the salt. My favorite was the Rosemary and Olive Oil. Yum.

    One of my favorite things to do with them was to put a little spoon of salsa on the crackers and add a small slice of cheese. Pop them in the micro to melt the cheese.....oh my word....were those good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't care for Triscuits but my husband likes them so I'll give them a try.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I actually like those tricuits myself...And I also use whats on hand as far as xmas napkins, etc..;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I actually had those last week and I'm in love with them. I like to eat them like you do. On plate with some cheese and pickles. Can't forget my pickles! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the suggestion. We do not have a store like that here. I am sure some of the grocery stores will carry them.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm going to pick them up the next time I'm out. Sounds yummy....and pretty healthy, too! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are the best!!

    ReplyDelete