Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Surely NOT!


Today being Groundhog Day I went outside and took this photo.

I was told the big guy (have you ever seen a picture of Phil?) saw his shadow today. If he'd been here I don't think that would have been possible.

So I just checked AccuWeather.com for the weather in Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania and the website shows it to be cloudy there too.

Being hopeful that my informant was wrong and Phil hadn't actually seen his shadow I then googled for Punxsutawney, PA and found this greeting from the town:

"Phil Says Six More Weeks!

Phil's official forecast as read February 2nd, 2009 at sunrise at Gobbler's Knob:

Hear Ye Hear Ye Hear Ye

On Gobbler's Knob on this glorious Groundhog Day, February 2nd, 2010, Punxsutawney Phil, Seer of Seers, Prognosticator of all Prognosticators awoke to the call of President Bill Deeley and greeted his handlers, John Griffiths and Ben Hughes.

After casting a joyful eye towards thousands of his faithful followers, Phil proclaimed, "If you want to know next, you must read my text. As the sky shines bright above me, my shadow I see beside me. So six more weeks of winter it will be." "

Say it ain't so, Joe - or Phil - or somebody - anybody?

13 comments:

  1. I think we're all ready for Spring. February is always the worst month for me. At least it only has 28 days!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh know! I forgot today was Ground Hog's Day! Shoot! Six more weeks of winter coming our way?!?!? We have snow predicted for tomorrow and Thursday, with more coming over the weekend. YIKES!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even Phil has fallen victim to spin doctors! Six more week of dreariness. Woe is me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well Punxsutawney can have 6 more weeks of winter.. it was cloudy and raining all morning here.. and that means spring is 3 weeks away for me.

    Here is today's blog:

    "Hear Ye Hear Ye Hear Ye

    On Gobbler's Knob on this glorious Groundhog Day, February 2nd, 2010, Punxsutawney Phil, Seer of Seers, Prognosticator of all Prognosticators awoke to the call of President Bill Deeley and greeted his handlers, John Griffiths and Ben Hughes.

    After casting a joyful eye towards thousands of his faithful followers, Phil proclaimed, "If you want to know next, you must read my text. As the sky shines bright above me, my shadow I see beside me. So six more weeks of winter it will be."


    with love,

    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have Wiarton Willie here in Canada and he predicted the same thing !!!
    Read on I found this on a Canadian site~

    Thousands of people gathered Tuesday to watch as Punxsutawney Phil emerged to make his yearly Groundhog Day prediction in Punxsutawney, Penn.

    "As the sky shines bright above me, my shadow I see beside me, six more weeks of winter it will be," announced his handlers, dampening the hopes of an early spring.

    Canada's most famous groundhog, Wiarton Willie, was also spooked by his shadow Tuesday morning.


    Oh well more snow....... Ces't la vie !
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. It ain't so, not in this part of the country! They can just go a head and have winter for 6 more weeks there in PA if they want to. Crocus are up in my yard and survived the latest snowfall. And Groundhog Day is one of our favorite movies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They say that we are going to have more snow and bad weather here Wednesday night into Thursday.. Gosh, I am sooo ready for spring, & it seems like more this year than any of the other years combined!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I live in the land of no spring so it doesn't matter here anyway! Being surrounded by warm ocean in the fall makes for great falls but that same ocean stays cold in the spring so we often go straight from winter to summer with about 3-4 "spring like" days in between....fortunately we have amazing summers ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sure wish spring would get here! I live about 20 minutes from Woodstock, Illinois where they filmed the movie Groundhog Day. I think they always have a celebration there as well. It was cloudy and snowing here all day so I think we are in big trouble!

    ReplyDelete
  10. aw, I am totally over wanting snow and I am ready for Spring! Yuck.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Works for me. We're gettin' snow this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Here is Ohio we get a very early spring. ...and then winter again... then spring... then winter...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so with you on this!
    I'm ready for sunshine, warmer temps and dust instead of mud!

    ReplyDelete