Monday, October 19, 2009

Halloween Decorating

I love this time of year and I love Halloween. What I love most about Halloween is the costumes - not the gross, gory ones so much - but the ones little kids dress up in. And I love the decorations.

When our kids were little one of the things I always looked forward to was making costumes for them. There were clown costumes, Raggedy Ann and Andy costumes, Indian costumes, Sylvester and Tweety Bird among others.

Daughter was Little Miss Muffet one year. I really liked that costume. It had the cutest bonnet that I attached a plastic spider to.

Son was Yoda one year and that costume - without the mask - served double and triple duty for a variety of other costume needs that came up over the years. It was even a Christmas shepherd costume for a church Christmas program.

I used to decorate a bunch for Halloween. Now that our kids are grown, Daughter's boys are teenagers and Son's kids live 3+ hours away, I don't decorate quite so much.

But I do put a few things out.

This year I started with Mikey. I found his Halloween tie at the dollar store and thought it would be perfect for him. It even has a button that you can push for a spooky sound.



He was even patient enough to wear a witch's hat long enough for me to snap a couple of photos.



After the photo shoot he deserved a treat for his patience with his human mom's need to put a costume on someone. AD awarded him with one of his very favorite treats of all - a Greenie.

Good boy, Mikey. Good boy!

4 comments:

  1. He is such a good boy!! Cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wouldn't you love to see dogs dress up as people and go door to door? A pet store near our house has Dogoween every year with a costume contest. It is hilarious, but I'm not sure the dogs love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! He's such a good boy and a good sport. tee hee

    ReplyDelete