Monday, August 30, 2010

Finally the Search is Over

Ranch salad dressing has long been my salad dressing of choice.

Over the past several months though, I've become very fond of southwest-type salads - the ones with grilled chicken, black beans, corn and tortilla strips in them. Yum!

In wanting to make a salad like that at home I have searched and searched for just the perfect salad dressing.

I've looked on store shelves many, many times. I've 'googled' for recipes. I've been unsuccessful. That is until about a week ago.

When there's something I really, really want I don't give up easily. On a shopping trip to the local Walmart I, yet again, went down the aisle I've searched before.

That day I found this - All Seasons Salsa Ranch dressing. It sounded pretty good to me and I bought a bottle.

Ding! Ding! Ding! Folks, we have a winner!

It's the perfect salad dressing for southwest salads, chicken wraps, dipping - you name it. It's Won-Der-Ful!

In the past it seems that - at least in my opinion - Wally World likes to get you hooked on something, then pulls the rug out from underneath you and no longer sells the item.

Determined not to have that happen this time I went to their website to send them a note. Not that my opinion would matter in the least little bit to them but I had to try.

And guess what?! There were comments from TWO years back saying what a great product this is.

WHAT??? How could that be? I have looked at bottle after bottle after bottle of salad dressings in more than one Wally World and I've never seen this one before. Am I blind? Maybe so. Regardless, I've found it now and I don't ever want it to go away.

But just in case it would - do you have a recipe for this type of dressing that you'd like to share?

21 comments:

  1. Oh my GOODNESS!!! Girl...we ARE family SOMEHOW!

    Must buy a bottle ASAP

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I can get this in Phoenix area but I need to look. I too have enjoyed the southwest salads and I usually just take the Ranch dressing and add drops of the hot sauce until it is to my liking. I will have to be on the look out for this and give it a try. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds delicious; I love Southwestern salads too so I will have to run to Wally World and see if they have it. I also wish they made an avocado ranch dressing--- it's my favorite whenever I go to Chili's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And it was only $1.92 at our Walmart. Not a bad price in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, you've convinced me. I've never seen it before, but I wasn't looking either.
    I'll be looking for it at our local Walmartz.
    I sure hope they don't stop selling it for you. I hate it when that happens. And yes, it happens OFTEN over here, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will have to check it out and try that dressing. Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will have to try that dressing while I still can! Maybe they add some salsa to regular ranch to make it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've used, loved it too! If I am out then I like to use regular ranch and then top that with salsa. Shoot, now I want SW chicken salad. Not going to happen tonight...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I thought it was just me! I no sooner find something I dearly love to eat when suddenly....it's not on the shelves anymore! Wal-Mart is famous for that! Glad you found your favorite dressing...

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  10. Try mixing your regular ranch choice with some jarred salsa, and maybe a little of the adobo sauce from some chipoltle chilies from a can. I don't have measurements, I do it my eye and taste. It's pretty good, and I use low fat ranch and this helps me like the low fat a little better!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, at Wallyworld no less. I hope they keep it for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh YUM! I am so glad you posted this here. I just love those southwest salads!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mmmmm! I love the Southwest salads too! Both McDonald's and Sonic have a really good one! The one at McDonalds comes with a Paul Newman dressing called "southwest dressing" it is really good- and that is saying a lot seeing that I am a ranch girl myself!

    I am going to pick up some of that the next time I go to WM- looks GOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  14. YUMMY that sure does sound good. I'll have to try to remember to look where I shop for it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Don't you just hate when they remove a product from the shelves, my son only eats one type of fruit yogurt and guess what? They don't make it anymore!!!

    Not pleased.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You must definitely find a recipe so you can make it yourself. If you are depending on Wally World to keep something you like on the shelf, you will be sorely disappointed. We found a wonderful "roasted red pepper" dressing at Wally World and bought it regularly and... guess what.... fortunately, we eventually found another market to carry it, Making it yourself might be as simple as buying regular ranch and adding "chili powder" or diced jalapenos or....

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'll be making a trip to Walmart this week. I've been looking for the same type of salad dressing myself.

    Have a good rest of your week.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Can you still love me if I tell you I hate that stuff! Tis true. It just does not agree with me. My daughter brought me a great salad today with that dressing and halfway through it, it went into the trash can. I wuv you anyway LOL

    ReplyDelete
  19. I use to mix sour cream and salsa and glob it on my salad. It was great. Lanyard...you are right about that Chilis dressing....it's the best!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Okay you have me convinced. Sounds really good. Will check and see if they have it at the one by the house.

    ReplyDelete
  21. One of our favorites. In a pinch, I mix a bottle of Herdez salsa with a small tub of sour cream. Instant dressing!

    ReplyDelete