Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Scrapbooking Project

Several people commented on scrapbooking so I thought I'd show you one of the projects I worked on last weekend.

It's a mini-scrapbook. I put 3 of them together - one for G1 (he has to share with his mom); one for his girlfriend; and one for me, of course.

Note that the photos are somewhat 'spoilers' for the prom post I plan to make later this week.

This one is mine. All 3 are pretty much the same - just a few slight variations. For instance, the other 2 have metal letters that spell out 'prom'. Remember, I went shopping in my own private store and I only had 2 sets of the metal letters.

When the ribbon is untied


it opens like this. See the little black flap -

Flip it open to the right and it reveals the other side of the flap with a wallet size photo and a larger photo of the prom couple.



Then when you flip the whole thing over the other way to the left (is that even a clear description? I hope so. ) there is yet another small flap that folds down



holding a couple more photos. See the high-heel shoe embellisment? I used one in my book and one in the girlfriend's. The embellishment in G1's book is a pair of teal glittered sunglasses. MUCH more masculine - right?

Well what do you know! Fold that up and there's yet another similar page.


The little gold card has all the prom information on it - you know - when, where, what time, etc.



Open it to the left to find a photo of the front of their after prom shirts.


Ok, I think you get the idea now. The pages just keep folding out.



It makes a nice, compact little scrapbook.


All-in-all there were 9 large photos and 7 smaller ones in the book.

I don't know how many of these little books I've made for various occasions - a Disney trip, a couple of princess ones, 3 or 4 dog-themed ones, one or two for Halloween, several baby themed ones I gave as shower and grandmother gifts. They're fun to make and the people that I've given them to always seem to like them.

Now for a few replies to the comments I received yesterday:

Brownie - You only THINK my scrapbook room is neat. You didn't see the aftermath. LOL!

Deb - Do I sing? Well, if you want to call it that I guess I do. Let's just say my dogs could join in and you wouldn't be able to tell which voice was mine.

Missie - I've attempted digital scrapbooking but it just wasn't for me. I know there isn't the mess to clean up after a session but I've just got to touch and feel everything, if that makes sense. I guess I never got over the cutting, pasting and coloring I did in grade school.

Jerri - I'll be sure to post a picture of the wedding cake in late June. The one I'm making today is just a small one, much like a top tier of a wedding cake.

Angela - You are a super sweet bloggie friend! You know what I mean. Thanks bunches!

Ok, that's it for now. The cake is baked and it's time to get to decorating it for tonight.

See ya!

16 comments:

  1. This is just fabulous! What a great memento of a special event. I am impressed by your talent and creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun project. I guess I don't have the patience for scrapbooking. I'm lucky to get photos slipped into an album.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mini scrapbook is beautiful! Such wonderful memories are inside there! I have always wanted to learn how to make a scrapbook.. one for each of my kids and one for myself too!

    Blessings,
    ~Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes I would think your project is as much for you to do as it is for others to receive. Your the best Oklahoma Granny for sure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is really awesome! I've not seen anything like it becuz I'm so out of touch with my scrapbooking... and you made three of them!!!

    still waiting for an email from you! =/

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful prom souvienir for your grandson and his girlfriend! There are so many creative and clever women in blog land. I wish we were all neighbors and could get together once a month for a craft party (then you could teach me how to create something so special!)

    Thank you for sharing.

    Your Friend,
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well that is just so darn cute! Did you invent that yourself? Very, very creative and what a wonderful keepsake!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kathy, Nope, I can't take credit for the design. I took a class 2 or 3 years ago. I'm not very inventive but I sure know how to copy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did a supr job on your scrape booking. I just never got into that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely love your scrapbook. How about a tutorial? Looks very complicated...is it? Either way it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love love love your scrapbook! I have a daughter-in-law who scrapbooks everything. I'm going to send your blog to her!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is one delightful little prom scrapbook sister! Your creativity is shinnin' brightly. What a little treasure it is.

    Ya'll have a fantastic day filled with warm sunny blessings!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really cute! (It's on the way ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. That looks great!
    You do beautiful work.
    I've never gotten into the scrapbook thing. Guess I don't have much time due to all the other things I'm into.
    I'm sure those will be treasured for years to come!

    ReplyDelete