Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Saturday's Progressive Dinner

Saturday night our Sunday School class had our Christmas party. It was a Progressive Dinner.



I helped with the appetizers. One of the ladies brought veggies, fruit and dips. Isn't that the cutest snowman plate?



The lady who hosted the appetizers made stuffed crescent rolls, meatballs, and water chestnuts wrapped with bacon and baked in a WONDERFUL sauce! My contribution was stuffed jalapenos, veggie pizza and shrimp dip. (Tomorrow I'll post the recipe for the dip.)

Everything was so good that several of the ladies requested that everyone bring their recipes to Sunday School in a couple of weeks for a recipe exchange.

At the second house we had soups and salads. There was potato soup and tortilla soup. I had the tortilla soup and it was so yummy! AD had the potato soup and he said it was good. (He uses such descriptive words when he talks about food. . .)




The hostess had decided there should be a red salad and a green salad since it was a Christmas party. One lady made Pretzel Salad, an all-time favorite of mine. Another lady made the green salad but I didn't catch its name. I just know that is was fantastic and I NEED that recipe!



There was also a wonderful "greens" salad with chopped walnuts for a topping.


By now everyone was on there way to being pretty full. But did we stop eating? Are you kidding? Look at this lasagne and garlic bread. Would you have quit eating? I don't think so.

And then came the desserts. Oh, my! There were mini cherry cheesecakes, Oreo Cookie balls, Nutter Butter Cookie balls, Chocolate Dipped Pretzels and Paula Deen's Pumpkin Goeey Butter Cake.

If you like pumpkin and have never had this particular dessert - you MUST try it. As G2 would say, "It's the bomb!"

We hadn't been to a progressive dinner in years. It was so much fun! Good food, good friends, good conversation. What more could you ask for?

8 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm so hungry now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering what a Progressive Dinner was, but you explained it beautifully with great photographs!

    Doncha' just love how many people describe food as "good" or "tasty" and others with complete orations? "It was to die for!" "Completely in the class as food for the gods!"

    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! It's a great idea that everyone bring their recipes for a swap.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! More food! Look forward to any recipes you plan to share.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun! Makes me wish I had been there and the pictures are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that is a meal!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love progressive dinners and, darn you, now I am soooo hungry!!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never been to one of those. But it sounds like a lot of fun.
    I sure hope you're planning to share those shared recipes. Cause some of them looked and sounded yummy! (in the words of OK Granny) tee hee

    ReplyDelete