Thursday, March 10, 2011

The Weekend Wasn't All Racing


One of the things I wanted to do while we were in the Dallas area was to make a trip to the American Doll Store. Last year I brought Elizabeth home with me. It was a tough decision because I was torn between Elizabeth and Kit. This year Kit came home with me.

Are there more American Girl dolls in my future? No. I'm happy now with the two I have.


On the way to the AG store I saw these window washers. I have no idea how much window washers make but whatever it is, it's not enough in my book!


This car hauler passed us before I could get a good picture of all the old cars it was carrying.


As the driver went one way, we went another. Still not a great picture (I was taking it through AD's driver's side window - a trick in itself!) but you can kind of see some of the cars.


Later AD and I went to the Twisted Root Burger Company in Roanoke for lunch. Son and I had eaten there last year and I thought AD would enjoy it.


I love these stools!


This is the burger I chose - Green Chile, Guac and Pepperjack Cheese. AD chose a buffalo burger. We shared the 'Fried Ride' - a sampler basket of their fried appetizers - Green Beans, Pickles, Onion Strings, French Fries, and Sweet Potato Fries. He had a chocolate shake and I had the Amaretto Oreo shake.

Note to self: Don't EVER eat that much again or you'll get another awful stomach ache!


On Saturday AD, G1, his girlfriend and I went to the mall in Grapevine. We got our exercise before we went to lunch.


We wanted to go back to Roanoke and eat at Babe's. G1 and his girlfriend got their famous chicken fried steak. AD and I chose the fried chicken. M (G1's girlfriend) really liked the food so I'm not sure why she's making that face.


On Sunday G1 and M were clowning around before we left. He never did get her in that trash can. She's a tiny little thing but she's pretty strong.

It was a fun weekend!

17 comments:

  1. You did have a fun weekend! Love all your pictures and appreciate the time you take to share with us..
    Here I am trying to be *good* about eating and now, Im thinking of that burger!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That food looks delicious. Glad you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sure does look like you had a great time and that food sure does look yummy.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like fun! Especially that burger. Oh yeah.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a fun weekend! Love the bar stools and you are right about those window washers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun time!! I love those stools. AND I'm glad to hear G1 was not successful in placing M in the garbage.. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did have a great time, I like those stools, that's cool! I wonder why they don't have guy's legs stools?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooooooooooo! the burger got me, nothing like a deelish sloppy burger. Glad you all had a wonderful time.

    Happy St. Patrick's Day ~
    Have a beautiful eve ~
    TTFN ~
    Marydon

    CSN GIVEAWAY ENDS 3/17

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with you: window washers have to be underpaid. I wouldn't do that job no matter how much someone offered to pay me.

    And about you and the burger, fries, the shake and the tummy ache? Been there, sweet girl. More than once.

    Sweet dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love road trip posts. This is a great one. You got everything, including somebody trying to throw away a perfectly good girlfriend. Hasn't he ever heard of recycling?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow..looks like you had a great time! I'm due for another road trip myself. I haven't been to Dallas in a couple of years, I think it's time to go back!
    Why do guys like to put their girlfriends in the trash can! My boys have done the same thing!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like you had a busy weekend. You should have called me, I only live a short distance to Babe's. I have eaten there often, but it is really too much food for me. He has them scattered all over the metro area now.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like you had a great time! You definitely didn't go home hungry! lol
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fun always includes great eats and eateries! Sadly there was atummy ache.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good evening,
    Yes, it looks like you had a wonderful time. Your burger looks fantastic and I love fried green beans. Wow...sweet potato fries too?!! I mouth is watering!

    Enjoy the rest of your weekend. ~Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh that burger looks wonderful. LOL love those stools.

    ReplyDelete