Monday, March 14, 2011
Me - Stylish? You've Got To Be Kidding!
Last Friday Kris, over at Simply Living, presented me and 14 other bloggers with the Stylish Blogger Award. I must say I was surprised and very much appreciative to be thought of in that manner.
The instructions I received were to:
Tell seven things about myself that you may not know and to pay it forward by passing the award on the 15 other blogs.
So I thought about that over the weekend. 7 things you may not know about me. I could immediately come up with one or two - but 7. I really had to think hard. So after much thought here's what I came up with -
1. I took tap dancing lessons when I was 5 or 6 (can't remember exactly). I really enjoyed it until my instructor (the owner of the studio) decided to put my older teenage sister in charge of the class. My sister was a very talented tap dancer but I wasn't crazy about taking lessons from her.
2. I dropped my Chemistry class in high school because I JUST. COULD. NOT. GET. IT. I was taking 6 "solids" and all my other grades were falling rapidly because I spent all my time TRYING. TO. GET. IT. Looking back I think the problem may have been more with the teacher than with the student. I may have to write more about that experience another day.
3. My favorite Beatle was Ringo.
4. I dream in color and on occasion have dreams that are continued the following night.
5. Back to the school thing. I was in the first graduating class of my high school. My classmates and I were actually upper classmen for 2 years. Those that were seniors when the new high school was opened remained at the old high school to finish out their high school years.
6. Back in the dark ages before ultra-sounds were around to let parents know if their bundle of joy was a boy or a girl, I knew the gender of my babies both times. There was never a doubt in my mind. Either time. All the way into the delivery room with my second baby the doctor, nurses and student nurses (yep - I was SO blessed to have a group of students in on the delivery activities!) kept insisting I was having a boy. It all had to do with the the baby's heart rate. I held fast that I was indeed having a girl. When SHE was delivered (a rather hilarious "Keystone Cops" story altogether but one I won't share on the Internet) the looks on everyone's faces was priceless. I LOVE it when I'm right!
7. I only bet on sure things. Well, there was this one time that some of my co-workers had a baseball pool going and one of the gals kept insisting I get in on it. Just to get her to go back to her desk I gave here the 50-cents and put my name on square. You guessed it, I won. But anyway, I've just always made it a practice not to bet on anything unless it's a sure thing. And there aren't many things that are sure things. But my policy came in quite handy when my kids were growing up and they would just insist that they were right and I was wrong about something. All it took was for me to say, "You wanna bet?" Then they knew they needed to back down because they would lose for sure.
Ok, that's it. If you made it all the way down to here, you most certainly deserve the Stylish Blogger Award yourself. So take it and pass it on. I know the rules but I sometimes walk to the beat of a different drum and this is one of those times.
And Kris, Thanks ever so much for my award. You made my day!