Monday, March 14, 2011

Me - Stylish? You've Got To Be Kidding!


Last Friday Kris, over at Simply Living, presented me and 14 other bloggers with the Stylish Blogger Award. I must say I was surprised and very much appreciative to be thought of in that manner.

The instructions I received were to:

Tell seven things about myself that you may not know and to pay it forward by passing the award on the 15 other blogs.

So I thought about that over the weekend. 7 things you may not know about me. I could immediately come up with one or two - but 7. I really had to think hard. So after much thought here's what I came up with -

1. I took tap dancing lessons when I was 5 or 6 (can't remember exactly). I really enjoyed it until my instructor (the owner of the studio) decided to put my older teenage sister in charge of the class. My sister was a very talented tap dancer but I wasn't crazy about taking lessons from her.

2. I dropped my Chemistry class in high school because I JUST. COULD. NOT. GET. IT. I was taking 6 "solids" and all my other grades were falling rapidly because I spent all my time TRYING. TO. GET. IT. Looking back I think the problem may have been more with the teacher than with the student. I may have to write more about that experience another day.

3. My favorite Beatle was Ringo.

4. I dream in color and on occasion have dreams that are continued the following night.

5. Back to the school thing. I was in the first graduating class of my high school. My classmates and I were actually upper classmen for 2 years.  Those that were seniors when the new high school was opened remained at the old high school to finish out their high school years.

6. Back in the dark ages before ultra-sounds were around to let parents know if their bundle of joy was a boy or a girl, I knew the gender of my babies both times. There was never a doubt in my mind. Either time. All the way into the delivery room with my second baby the doctor, nurses and student nurses (yep - I was SO blessed to have a group of students in on the delivery activities!) kept insisting I was having a boy. It all had to do with the the baby's heart rate. I held fast that I was indeed having a girl. When SHE was delivered (a rather hilarious "Keystone Cops" story altogether but one I won't share on the Internet) the looks on everyone's faces was priceless. I LOVE it when I'm right!

7.  I only bet on sure things. Well, there was this one time that some of my co-workers had a baseball pool going and one of the gals kept insisting I get in on it. Just to get her to go back to her desk I gave here the 50-cents and put my name on square. You guessed it, I won. But anyway, I've just always made it a practice not to bet on anything unless it's a sure thing. And there aren't many things that are sure things. But my policy came in quite handy when my kids were growing up and they would just insist that they were right and I was wrong about something. All it took was for me to say, "You wanna bet?" Then they knew they needed to back down because they would lose for sure.

Ok, that's it. If you made it all the way down to here, you most certainly deserve the Stylish Blogger Award yourself. So take it and pass it on. I know the rules but I sometimes walk to the beat of a different drum and this is one of those times.

And Kris, Thanks ever so much for my award. You made my day!

16 comments:

  1. You are not only a stylish blogger but an interesting person. Loved getting to know you better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are quite stylish, my friend. Smart, talented, wise, creative and fun, and I'll bet on that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was interesting, getting to know you! I also know about only betting on a sure thing, and BTW, I never bet more than 50 cents! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, #4 I'm the same way!!! How cool is that!!

    You deserve the stylish blogger award!!!

    HUGS!!
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are SO welcome. I love reading your blog. You make me feel like I am sitting across the breakfast room table, having coffee.

    BTW, I consider "stylish" to be when my socks match!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hah, I only bet on sure things also. Except, I love horse races but their I place my $2 show bets on the favorites. Drives people crazy. I might get $2.20 back. The horse racing fans say you only won 20 cents. I say wrong! When I handed over my $2 for the bet I kissed it goodbye so I actually won $2.20.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You sure do deserve the award.
    I liked reading more about you also.
    I never bet on things unless it is for sure either.I hate losing any money.
    Happy St.Patrick's Day.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, I have to say I wasn't surprised at any of those revelations... you are one strong lady who has her feet firmly planted! Tomorrow I spill my guts on 7 things you may not know about me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have to disagree girl. You are quite stylish!!! Congratulations on your well deserved award sweetie!!!

    God bless ya and have a terrific Tuesday!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with everyone else - you are quite stylish!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are definitley quite stylish, AND fun! I wouldn't have taken tap dancing from my sister either.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, I see you already have a Versatile Blogger award but I gave you a "shout out" this morning too! Keep on steppin' out girl!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Interesting, very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  14. We'll be seeing you strutting down the red carpet at the Oscars next granny, yes your blog is written with style congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Sweetie...
    You are SO stylish, believe me you are. I love coming to see what styles you have created each day. I have seen you in the yard, on the track with the races and many other wonderful places. Yep, I love getting my dose of Oklahoma Granny.

    Hope you have a wonderful St. Patty's Day sweetie. Thanks for popping by. I love seeing your stylish face. Many hugs and so much love, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well deserved and I loved your list!

    ReplyDelete