Thursday, October 28, 2010

Girlie's 4th Birthday


Last weekend I drove to Oklahoma City for Girlie's 4th birthday party.

The morning of the party I took Girlie clothes shopping for some of her presents.


She picked out 2 dresses, one pair of pants and one sparkly top to try on. We left with one dress, the pants, the top and one other special item that Girlie said she really, really needed.


I hadn't been shopping with a little girl in a long time.


It was a lot of fun!


I think Girlie had a good time too.


Her party was later that afternoon - princess themed.


That one special item Girlie really, really needed - it was this necklace.


This is the dress Girlie finally decided on. I think the clincher was that it also came with a matching dress for her baby doll.

I look forward to more shopping trips with Girlie.

18 comments:

  1. How sweet! She looks adorable in everything and that necklace will always connect the two of you. Fun times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Little girls are delightful to buy for. It's a good thing I only have one grandaughter or I'd be broke all the time! She's a cutie!!!

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday to girlie,she is a little doll.
    Love the clothes she got.
    I remember going shopping with my gds when their were that age. Today they are teens and grams taste is way uncool.
    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is the cutest little thing!! I love how she is modeling - letting you take the photos in the dressing room. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh she picked my favorite dress! Your grand-daughter is a little doll. Tell your son to keep up on his target practice -- just wait til she's a teenager! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How special and how cute she is. That is something that she will always remember. Memories are a great thing to make.

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just too sweet! The outfits are pretty and look so cute on girlie. She's so pretty herself. You're prob right about the dress w/ the matching doll dress. You knew she'd have to have that one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would say she's all girl! A real cutie pie.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I miss my daughters being little. Looks like you had a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Girlie looks like a doll herself. Sooooo cute!:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. She is simply adorable! What a fun day for you two...Love the cake!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's cute. We didn't have a little girl. Shopping for stinky boys who don't care what they wear is totally different.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How fun Debby! Love that initial "K" necklace. Have a good weekend. Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Debbie, Thank You for taking us along with you and Girlie on a magical shopping spree. What whoo hooo fun!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy birthday to sweet baby girl! You are a fun grandma!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute cake!
    And adorable dress....and with a bonus! Yay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my goodness...this got me just a bit weepy. It made me remember when we brought our girls home and those first birthdays and shopping trips. God is so very good and I am so very thankful for your girlie and ours.

    Great post!!

    ReplyDelete