Monday, October 31, 2011

'tis the Season for

Display at Silver Dollar City. The larger pumpkins aren't real.

Pumpkins and lots of things made out of pumpkin.

Like Sonic's Pumpkin Pie Shakes.

Which are very good, by the way.

Sorry, I don't have a photo of one.

Then a couple of weeks ago I had one of these.

A Dairy Queen Pumpkin Pie Blizzard.

It ROCKED!

Actual bits of pie crust swirled throughout the Blizzard.

I. LOVED. IT.

The following week AD and I took our trip to Branson.

There's an Andy's Frozen Custard in Springfield, Missouri.

Well, maybe more than one. But we pass right by this one on the way to Branson. You may remember because I've written about it before.

They had a sign that read: Pumpkin Pie Concrete.

We didn't stop right then but I knew we would on our return trip.

(Note that there is an Andy's in Branson too. It's just that I look forward to stopping at this particular one when we're over that way.)

Anyway - and this is just my humble opinion - Andy's Pumpkin Pie Concrete blows Sonic's and DQ's pumpkin ice cream treats OUT. OF. THE. WATER!!!!!*

There was a sign that said each Concrete contains a slice of pumpkin pie. I'm a believer too. Because:

1. The smell of pumpkin pies baking was coming from inside.

2. I saw one or two (small) chunks of pie in my Concrete.

'Nuff said.

If anyone has enjoyed an Andy's Pumpkin Pie Concrete, I'd love for you to leave your opinion in a comment.

If you haven't I'm truly sorry. But still leave me a comment. They'll be my virtual treats for the day.

Which brings me to Halloween.

I did buy Mikey a little get-up for Halloween but didn't get a picture.

So, I'll leave you with this picture from the late '70s of my two young'uns.


Son, this one's for you.

Next year maybe you won't tell me how sorry you feel for Mikey that I dress him up for Halloween photos.

He does get treats you know.

*Disclaimer: The only tie I have to Andy's (or Sonic, or Dairy Queen) is that I am a customer, period. They don't know me from Eve. And I would never turn down a Sonic Pumpkin Pie shake OR a DQ Pumpkin Pie Blizzard.

10 comments:

  1. Good Morning Sweetie...
    Oh my gosh, now it isn't even 7:30 in the morning here in Phoenix, and now I am thinking Sonic or DQ? We are close to both. I am going to have to try these out, as I know we don't have an Andy's out here in Phoenix. Durnit. I will have to take your word on it, but I am going to give these other two a try. Sounds yummy my sweet friend.

    I love this photo at the end. I know your son is going to love it. Look at those faces. Priceless sweetie, just priceless.

    Have a Happy Halloween. Many hugs and much love, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. This truly made me hungry. We need to go to Missouri again someday and I might just have to include a trip to get one of these!

    Happy Halloween to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, if it's called concrete how can it be bad? Sounds like the perfect treat for Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've got to try some of those pumpkin shakes from both Sonic and DQ. They sound so good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our trip to Branson a year or so ago we tried Andy's. Great concretes. Wrong season for pumpkin though. I love all things pumpkin, from pumpkin decorations, to pumpkin shakes, pumpkin pie. The only thing pumpkin that I haven't liked is pumpkin spiced beer. It always seems a little thin to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We don't have an Andy's Frozen Custard in NJ. I'm jealous. I love pumpkin desserts!

    Your Friend,
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  7. We don't have an Andy's but it sure does sound good. I'll have to hit our DQ real soon.
    Love the photo of the boys.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that cornucopia! Full of my favorite color. LOL
    I've never had pumpkin pie anything except pumpkin pie. I have got to try one of those.
    Your two little Indians are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ha...you're so funny! andy's should pay you to advertise for them! :)

    mountain mama

    ReplyDelete
  10. DH bought me a carton of pumpkin pie ice cream that was on special at Aldi's and I had one dish - the reason for the sale was obvious - way too much cloves! Blech, phooey! Will probably be a long time before I venture into the pumpkin patch for frozen desserts for a while! Maybe next year when the memory has faded. LOL!

    ReplyDelete