Monday, February 27, 2012

Wow! It's Been 2 Weeks

Tracy left a comment that she hoped I was ok since I hadn't posted anything in 2 weeks. Wow! Time sure does fly. I am fine.

Here's some of what's been happening the last couple of weeks.

AD celebrated one of those milestone birthdays - you know the ones that end in 0. His started with a 6. We had a family celebration at the house. On the menu was chicken and noodles and mashed potatoes. His birthday cake was pineapple upside down cake because it's his favorite.

We're very proud of G3! He's one smart kid and his scores on standardized tests prove it. Son told us last week that G3 will be attending a school for special advanced studies next year. Way to go G3!

Joanne Fluke's newest book, Cinnamon Roll Murder, is on bookshelves tomorrow. Son and I attended one of her book signings a couple of years ago and had so much fun that we're planning a trip to Dallas next month when she'll be there signing her newest book.

Pinterest is just the best! You can find anything out there. Kiwis are one of my favorite fruits but let's be honest, they are a real pain to peel. A while back I found a tip on how to peel a kiwi. Then this past weekend I bought a few to try out the technique. Let me tell you - it worked better than I could have imagined! I see kiwi on my grocery list more often from now on.

Last but not least - we rushed home from church yesterday to watch the Daytona 500, the beginning of Nascar's race season, only to watch hours of rain delay commentating (is that a word?) and then hear the announcement that the race was cancelled until today. It was scheduled to start at noon EST which was a bummer for all those fans who had to work today. The rain continued though and now the race is scheduled for 7:00pm EST tonight. AD is happy. Daughter is happy. That makes me happy. I just feel so bad for all the fans that were in Daytona for the race and couldn't stay over.

'til next time. . .

10 comments:

  1. Good to see an update from you.

    Yesterday we waited and waited and WAITED for the race to start. Good to know it will be on tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to hear about the race, DH will be happy to hear that! He was really bummed out when he was off work and they couldn't stop the rain.

    Happy Birthday to AD, trying hard to remember how we celebrated when I hit that big six Oh!

    Congrats to G3!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wondering if the "G" is still racing. Remembering how scary it must have been for you some "time a go" when he (?) crashed or there was a wreck in the race he was in (remembering just enough details to be dangerous. Glad you are enjoying the birthday celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh, I love pineapple upside down cake ... lucky hubby there. Happy birthday big guy.

    Thank you for always being a sweetie. I'm doing better slowly.

    Have a lovely eve ~
    TTFN ~
    Hugs,
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll have to try that Kiwi peeling trick. I usually waste a lot of fruit when I peel it. Tell Johnnie Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know what happened to you --- does it start with a P and end in a t??? Hee -- Welcome back!

    Going to use that kiwi tip for sure.

    Happy late B-day to AD!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love pineapple upside down cake, but neither of my guys like it so I don't make it often.
    My Captain was happy that the race was delayed until 7 so he could watch it after work.
    Would you believe I've never eaten a kiwi?!
    Pinterest has so many great ideas. I've had to reign myself in and not visit so much. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy belated birthday to AD! Congrats to G3! So happy to 'see' you again and 'hear' everyone is well. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. "An Oklahoma Granny" has been included in this weeks A Sunday Drive. I hope this helps to attract even more new visitors here.

    http://asthecrackerheadcrumbles.blogspot.com/2012/03/sunday-drive.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Belated Birthday to AD. Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete